Tuition and Fees
How to Apply
Current Course Offerings
Program Delivery Location: Merritt
Start Dates: September
-Successful completion of HCA, RCA, or HS/RCA Certificate
- Minimum 600 hours of HCA work experience, within the last two years, in a care facility where care is provided to a group of Gerontology clients. Work experience must be verified by an official employer letter.
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent (ABE, GED)
- English 12 with a grade of C+ or higher, OR Technical Communications 12 with a grade of B+ or higher (alternately, an English Assessment can be arranged through the Student Services department)
- Math 11 with a grade of C or higher (previous B.C. curriculum), OR Math 11 Foundations with a grade of C or higher (current B.C. curriculum). If students do not have Math 11, NVIT’s Adult Basic Education Math courses: Math 057 (Developmental) or Math 059 (Algebraic) with a grade of C or higher will be accepted. Math prerequisite should be completed within the last four years. A Math Assessment is available if the above requirements are not met, and can be arranged through the Student Services department.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology for Practical Nurses with a grade of C+ or higher, or equivalent
- CPR Level “C”
- Solicitor General Criminal Record Check that is free of any charges or convictions
- Immunizations (as required by Practicum sites and recommended by BC Centre for Disease Control, 2009): diphtheria and tetanus, polio, hepatitis B, measles, mumps & rubella (MMR), varicella, and influenza. *
- Negative TB skin test. In case of a positive TB skin test, a negative TB chest x-ray report is required.
* Students who do not meet the immunization requirements may be prohibited from attending Practicum experiences depending upon particular Health Authority policy, or Practicum site agency policy.
- Applicants with English as an additional language must meet the language requirements set by CLPNBC (2013), and be successful as follows:
a). International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with minimum scores of:
-overall band score: 7.0
- reading: 6.5
- writing: 7.0
Note: Please view CLPNBC current English requirements at the following site:https://www.clpnbc.org/elp.aspx