A.3.2 College Wide Program Review Process
Approved/revised: April 1, 1996
To create a College Wide Review Procedure for instructional programs. There is to be a review of instructional programs to periodically assess effectiveness, relevance and demand for an instructional program in order to assist in its planning and development and to ensure that the program remains consistent with NVIT’s mission and values, and education philosophy.
Each instructional program will be reviewed once every three to five years. The plan for programs to be reviewed will be set by the Education Council in April of each year. A special program review can be requested at any time by the President, Department Head, Education Council or the Board, if necessary.
1. The Education Council will determine programs to be reviewed and will set the schedule for the following year.
2. The President will appoint external committee members for each program in consultation with department staff.
3. The external committee will meet with the department’s representative who will present the department’s plan for the review process and outline any special issues. The department’s plan will identify any additional resources needed to undertake the review.
4. The department undertakes the review (to be completed within 6 months), collects and analyses data, and prepares a report with recommendations.
5. The report is provided to the external committee for examination.
6. The external committee meets with the department’s representative to review the report and will either validate it or negotiate changes.
7. A final report (agreed to by the external committee and department) is provided to the Education Council, and the Elders' Council for review.
8. A plan for following up on the recommendations outlined in the report will be set by the Department in consultation with the President. A copy of the action plan will be forwarded to the Education Council and the Elders' Council. The Education Council and/or Elders' Council may request a follow-up report from the department.