Approved/revised: April 19, 2013
NAME: Executive Committee
(1) The Executive Committee will act on behalf of the Board in emergency or urgent situations.
(2) The Executive Committee will hold regularly scheduled meetings between Board meetings to provide guidance and advice to the President.
(3) The Executive Committee will speak publicly on behalf of the Board when required by the Board Chair.
(4) From time to time, as may be required, address and report on matters not assigned to another Board committee.
(5) The Executive Committee will hear appeals under the Appeals to the Board policy.
The Executive Committee comprises of
the Board Chair
the Board Vice-Chair
two other Government Appointed Board members, appointed by the Board consistent with Board Bylaws.
The Executive Committee will be chaired by the Board Chair.
The Executive Committee is empowered to act on behalf of the Board. Executive Committee decisions will be reported to the Board at its next regular meeting or in-camera meeting, as appropriate. MEETINGS The Executive Committee will meet on a regular basis between Board meetings. Executive meetings for the year will be scheduled in June of each year. Additional meetings may be called on an "as needed" basis at the call of the Board Chair.
The President will provide support to the Executive Committee.