Tuition and Fees
How to Apply
Current Course Offerings
Program Delivery Location: Merritt
Credential: Certificate, Diploma
Format: Full-Time, Part-Time
Start Dates: September 2016
Dr. Deborah Canada
Business Administration Certificate
Business Administration Diploma
Business Administration provides programs designed to assist individuals and communities to meet the leadership and management challenges of business and Aboriginal self-sufficiency and self-government. Students will be:
• equipped with a combination of general organizational knowledge, and specific technical analytical and management skills;
• encouraged to develop a management style consistent with traditional and/or current Aboriginal values, beliefs, cultures and customs;
• enriched with the practical knowledge that comes from working in Aboriginal organizations; and
• qualified to transfer certain courses into advanced studies of management and business in a variety of university degree programs.
NVIT courses are transferable to many universities, colleges and institutes in the province. For specific course transferability please see individual course sites as well as visit the BC Council for Admissions and Transferability site at www.bctransferguide.ca.
In addition to the previous, diploma graduates may apply for:
• 11⁄2 – 2 years of block transfer into the four-year post-diploma degree, Faculty of Management, University of Lethbridge, Alberta;
• 2 years of block transfer into the post-diploma degree, Faculty of Business Administration, Okanagan University College; and
• 2 years of block transfer into the post-diploma degree, Faculty of Entrepreneurship, Kwantlen Polytechnic University.
The graduate of the Business Administration Certificate and Diploma programs will have many employment opportunities. An example of the exciting and dynamic careers awaiting the credentialed individual include:
For more information, please contact Dr. Deborah Canada at 250-378-3380.